11 de agosto de 2023

A STROLL IN THE PARK

Today I had an ice cream, no topping did it bear,

Then I read a poem, no rhyme found in the air. I walked across the park, where no plants grew with flair, Everything was tranquil. Children? No, none were there!

I carried on my lackluster stroll, oh what a day! As soon as I reached home, no key, it's safe to say. I called my love to the window, no shout in any way, I kissed their lips so gently, no need for words to sway.

I dined on a stored sandwich, made of rye so fine, Had that chilly beverage, no alcohol in the line. Turned the TV to the news, where truth's hard to define, Living in a world of censorship, a constraint so malign.

I slept a night without dreams, while sitting all alone, Awakened with a sixth sense, a feeling like a drone, I see a man in the mirror, a soul that's not his own. (Sensible tone)

... I lay down in silence, she appears by my side, so slim, Quietly beckons me to dance, and I, on a whim, ...

Today I had an ice cream: pure delight! Then I read a poem: such a beautiful sight! I walked across the park: fragrances take flight! Everything was lively. Children? In countless light!

I continued my leisurely stroll, a wonderful day anew, Upon arriving at the castle, birds in the sky they drew, They called out my name: "Marcelo," they cooed, I kissed their lips with fervor, emotions they imbued.

I dined with my princess: candles set the scene, We sipped on robust wine, and olives so serene, Played a bolero on the phonograph, a rhythm so keen, (Censorship's routine)

I slept a night so weightless, sensitivity untold, Neither dream nor nightmare, a rarity to behold, I see a man in the mirror, love's story to be told.

("Love, come to bed," the story now unfolds)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário